Friday, June 18, 2010

Taking Care of Business

First things first-- I did finally put all the photos away -- still have these four boxes to sort through and give to the kids or put in albums/boxes.  But at least the mess is cleaned up!
I've spent the better part of two days getting things changed over to my name, meeting with the attorney, making tons of phone calls, etc., etc.  I don't feel like I'm accomplishing much else. 

The kids are coming out on Sunday and we're having a cookout.  This will be the first holiday without Bill, of many more to come.  Having the grandkids all there will make it a lot easier though, I think.

I had dinner last night with a good friend and she gave me some really good advice  (she lost her husband 4 years ago).  The advice was to write everything down -- everything I do everyday -- which is really a great idea -- I'll have documentation of the phone calls I made and what I've done so far.  Later on I will surely have forgotten what I did when or if I did certain things, so this advice was really invaluable.  Thanks, Ginny!

Blessings:
Good friends to lean on.
Getting more and more things done every day.  This is such a long process and it really helps to see what has already been done.

1 comment:

  1. You have my admiration for your positive attitude and your will to keep living your life, even with that huge gap in it. I followed your previous blog from here in New Zealand, the other side of the world, and will be continuing to do so. Best wishes. Joy.

    ReplyDelete