Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yeah, well....

So much for keeping resolutions!  I woke up New Years Day with the stomach flu.  Lasted about 3 days -- really bad the first 12 hours.  So, I've spent the rest of this week getting caught up.  Did manage to take down Christmas and put out different quilts for the winter into spring season.  And today I finally made time to sew.
Five more string blocks for Bonnie's mystery.  The last part will be posted tomorrow!  I have 10 more of these blocks to make before I move to the next step though.

Then the other day I got a notice from Bunny Hill that Anne's new block of the month is starting.  So naturally, I checked it out and fell in love, so today I cut my fabrics for the quilt and hopefully tomorrow I can work on the first block.  It's really going to be adorable, check it out!

I also pressed my 168 half square triangles from the exchange last year at Acorn Quilts in Rockford and am sewing them together as leaders/enders while I work on Bonnie's mystery.

Attitudes:  I've been struggling with some decisions lately trying to ease the stress in my life.
Gratitudes:  I think God is kindly showing me the way.

Blessings:
Phone calls from Steve.  Phone calls with Steph, Deb and Kris.
Coffee date with friends.
I got the oil changed in the car in record time this morning!
A visit from Squire -- nice to touch base with he and Cindy.
My neighbor brought my mail to the door -- some was in her box and she picked up the rest that was in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment