Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting Back on Track

I live in a two story house and the problem with it is that I have sewing areas on both floors and the basement.  This first shot is on the main floor and this is a picture of chaos.  My fabric is in cabinets and cupboards on this floor.  This is my Bernina  machine and I am doing Bonnie's mystery on this machine.
I cannot work in chaos like this, so had to clean it up before I could do the next 5 string blocks today.  So here's the after picture of the main floor sewing room.                                                


And then there is the second floor bedroom that I turned into a sewing room.  I bought one of those cutting tables from JoAnn's last year (and love it).  JoAnn's has a 50% off coupon sale going on -- if you want one of these tables -- buy it at the store, because the ones they offer online are not the same tables.  Anyway, I have my Brother machine up here and am working on an auction quilt for my grandson's preschool fundraiser up here.  I have to haul the fabric up here and then back down to the first floor when I'm finished cutting.  This area was also chaotic, so I had to finally clean it up because it was getting difficult to cut anything here.
So this is the after picture.  So much better to work on a cleaned off table!


Yesterday I was running up and down the stairs working on a couple of projects and it was not fun.  The goal will be to move both these sewing areas in their entirety to the basement by summertime.  I have my longarm in the basement now and all the paraphernalia that goes with it.

My big decision this week was to not put the house on the market this year, but still go ahead with the auction -- I'm planning on getting rid of some furniture including a whole living room in the basement among other things.  That will free up a whole big area near the longarm for me to turn into a big sewing studio.  I can move my fabric down too, so everything will be in one place.  I'm really excited about it.

In the meantime, I will be working on the mystery on the main floor and on the preschool quilt upstairs and I have two different leaders/enders projects also -- multitasking at its best!  And, I managed to do 5 more strings today, so only have 5 more to do and then I can move on to the next part of the mystery.

Blessings:
Lunch with friends today.
A trip to the quilt shop and I only bought what I needed for the preschool quilt and for gifts.  No splurging on something I don't really need right now!  (Part of my New Years Resolutions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment