Saturday, January 8, 2011

Super Sewing Day

I spent most of the day cutting and sewing today -- it was glorious.  I cut the red and neutral strips for the next step of Bonnie's mystery; I cut the red, white and blue strips for the leader/ender quilt I'm going to make in the upstairs sewing room; and I pressed and cut the fabrics for the preschool quilt.  Then I put together the 16 square in a square blocks for the Bunny Hill quilt and stitched the first block together.  I even have Henrietta Whiskers pinned to the block so I can start appliqueing her whenever I get the urge to do some handwork.  And then to top it all off, I went to the main floor sewing room and stitched the last 5 string blocks together and cleaned up the leftover strings that were massed on the table.  It's really been a great day today.  And, the days are getting longer -- if only by 5 or 10 minutes, but it's still a bit light out at 5 and I'll take that as a good sign!

The white on Henrietta's arm is freezer paper -- didn't take it off yet because it won't actually be sewn on until after the scarf.

Blessings:
A really great, productive day in the sewing rooms.
JR laying at my feet no matter where I was today.
Nice fire in the kitchen fireplace this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy..... very productive day....that's a might cute little squirrel block.

    ReplyDelete