Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day quilt

So, my friend Kris gave me this cherry fabric last year -- the charm pack and I bought the border fabric.  I put the quilt together fairly quickly and then it sat with the backing fabric waiting to be quilted.  I quilted it the other day and today hand stitched the binding down -- another ufo bites the dust!

Today, I did some quilting on a Bonnie Hunter quilt (Starstruck) that I put together last summer finally.  That was in between having my neighbor get his truck with the plow stuck at the end of my drive by the road for a few hours, and having him borrow my snowblower and clear the drive and my sidewalk, and the end of his drive.  We got about 15" of snow, but the biggest problem was the gale force winds we've had since Monday.  Living out in the country is great most of the time, but not so great during a blizzard.  Those of you who live in the city can't really fathom the drifts caused by winds in open areas.  The snowplow did come out and do our road this afternoon and the winds finally died down after noon also, which helped a lot.  The main roads out here are not in good condition, however, so I'm not planning on going anywhere again tomorrow -- that means more quilting :-).  I can live with that.  It's supposed to be -27° wind chills in the morning so no school tomorrow for most of the area too.  I'm thinking a fire in the kitchen fireplace will be nice and some handwork in front of it!

Blessings:
All my kids and grandkids are safe and sound.  Some are snowbound, but my DDIL managed to make it to work today -- she's a nurse.
Tim, my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment