Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First February Finish


This is my grandson's preschool quilt.  The teachers drew the cross, my daughter went over the drawing with fabric crayons and then they had each of the 3 and 4 year olds color a cross.  After we transferred the drawings to the fabric, my daughter wrote each child's name on his or her block.  I used the square in a square technique to make them easier to work with, and alternated the 3 and 4 year old pictures.  I just finished stitching the binding down today.  This quilt will be used as a fund raiser in their silent auction in March.

It's a snow day here in the midwest.  I even canceled a doctor appointment this morning -- not so much for the snow, but the winds are fierce and have been since yesterday.  We're supposed to get a foot + of snow and it will definitely be a blizzard with these winds.  I'm pretty sure everything will be closed tomorrow if we get what they are predicting.  It's okay with me -- another day to sew!

Blessings:
My neighbor bought Bill's truck and has transferred his plow to it.  He was plowing my drive at 6:30 this morning and will be back a number of times, I'm sure, before the snow is done sometime tomorrow.
I'm making some progress on the ufo pile.


1 comment:

  1. It is BEAUTIFUL!!! THANK YOU so much for doing this for us!!! We greatly appreciate all of your beautiful hard work!!

    ReplyDelete