Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another February Finish

I quilted Leaf Seasons (Judy Laquidara's Quilt for an Hour project from a few years ago) a couple of weeks ago.  I finally finished sewing the binding down on it on Friday.  I just threw it over my bed to get a picture -- it's really a big quilt and quite heavy, but I love it and think I will keep this one for myself.

This afternoon I finished the stitching on Bunny Hill's Henrietta Whiskers, Block 2.  I love this quilt too -- the applique is really quick and easy on these blocks, so you get to see what it looks like in a short period of time -- I like instant gratification!
I delivered the preschool quilt to my daughter yesterday.  We went to their house for AJ's seventh birthday party (his birthday is actually next Thursday).  It was a nice day for a family get together.

I also spent some time this week cleaning out a storage closet in the basement and a bookcase in the basement -- gotta get ready for an auction this spring, so it forces me to dig out all the "stuff"!

Blessings:
Met with my brother and sister in law for breakfast this morning -- always nice to keep in touch.
Cleaning out and sorting stuff -- the sooner the better.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, hard to believe that AJ is 7 already. Seems like just yesterday he was a brandy new preemie. Happy Birthday AJ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that same leaf quilt and mine is also waiting the final binding (the hand sewing) step. I just have to get that done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt....just my colors!
    The BOM is going to be adorable!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Dona; can't believe AJ is 7! And that quilt is just gorgeous! I like the block too; so cute!

    ReplyDelete